Hi, I hope you are enjoying you day! So yesterday was National Nutella Day (5th February) for those of you who didn’t know and because I absolutely love Nutella (who doesn’t?), I decided to share with you a recipe for Nutella Hot Chocolate. This recipe is a must-try if you love Nutella because you will most probably love this just as much (or maybe even more…). Hot chocolate is my favourite hot beverage – I’m not a fan of tea or coffee – and I really enjoy sipping (or downing in my case) a warm mug of it especially during the winter whilst watching a film or just before I go to bed.
What you will need:
- Milk and/or Water
- Nutella (Duh!)
- Your favourite mug
- Whipped cream
- Microwavable container
How to make Nutella Hot Chocolate:
- Pour water and/or milk in to you mug (I filled the mug half with milk and half with water, but you can do it to your preference)
- Microwave The mug for 1-2 minutes (this will depend on the power of your microwave and how warm you want your hot chocolate to be – I did it for 2 minutes). If you prefer, you can transfer the contents into a microwavable container.
- Then add 1-2 table spoons of Nutella depending on how Nutellary you want it (I used 2 table spoons)
- Microwave at 30 second intervals and stir the mixture in between. Carry on doing this until all of the Nutella has melted and you are left with a smooth hot chocolate mixture
- Cover with a swirl of whipped cream or a sprinkle of marshmallows if you want to go all out!
- Finally… Gather some blankets, get comfy and watch a film whilst enjoying this cup of Nutella heaven!
Let me know if you try out this recipe!
See you next time 🙂