It’s New Years Eve and that means one thing: 2016 begins tomorrow! I love it when a new year comes around as it feels like a breath of fresh air, encourages me to reflect on the past year and focus on new goals and possesses me with a new found motivation to have a better year.
Here are my new years resolutions for 2016:
- Get good AS grades: I don’t want to tell anyone the grades I’m aiming for as I read somewhere that if I keep them to myself I will be more likely to work hard to achieve them (which is something I really need to start doing as so far I’ve been really lazy)
- Pass my Grade 8 flute: I never ever practise my instruments other than band rehearsals (by the way, I play the flute & alto saxophone) so in order to even attempt the grade 8 I need to practise my flute at least once a week (not including band rehearsals or my weekly lesson) as it costs a lot of money to enter.
- Learn to Drive: I turned 17 earlier in December (the 14th to be exact) so I am now old enough to start driving! I have a part time job, so I have a small income and I plan on using that to pay for my lessons that I will hopefully start soon.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away“: I eat wayyy to much crap and I always say I’m going to eat healthier but I never do. So, by making a small change to my eating habits and aiming to eat an apple every single day, hopefully I should get in to the habit of eating fruit regularly instead of reaching for a chocolate bar.
- Drink 3 bottles of water each day: Water has LOADS of benefits and the main one for me is clearer skin so I want to drink as much water as possible throughout 2016 and ,fingers crossed, see results.
- Workout for 10 minutes a day: 10 minutes probably doesn’t sounds like a lot to you, but its more than I currently do (AKA absolutely nothing). “Little & Often”. I will be following the workouts on youtube uploaded by Blogilates.
- Cycle to band every Saturday: I really enjoy bike rides and I don’t do it as often as I’d like so I thought this would be an easy way to incorporate cycling in to my weekly routine.
- Get Suitable work experience: I haven’t got a specific career in mind yet, but I do know that I want to do something that makes a difference, something I will enjoy and that involves helping others. Consequently, I know I will need some work experience in places such as care homes or working with young children. Seeing as I will be applying for Uni near the end of next year (AHHHHH!!!!) I really must sort this out ASAP!
- Read at least 1 book a month: This does not included text books (ew!). I really love to read, but in 2015 I only read 1 half of a book so it should be easy to be that amount in 2016.
…At the end of 2016 I will look back at this post and publish a new one saying whether I managed to achieve them or not.
Lets kick 2016’s butt!
I would love to hear you New Years Resolutions, so please comment below 🙂
Thanks for reading,